Aimee French Beauty
Hawaii's Top Brow Shaping & Brazilian Waxing Expert
I Help Women FEEL Confident & Hairless
Beauty Mentor | Microblading & Nano Brow Artist | Online Courses | Brow & Brazilian Waxing
Waxing, Microblading & Removal
FAQ'S | AFTER CARE | FYI'S
Does it hurt?
There is a slight sting for no more than 10 sec immediately after removal.
Waxing removes hairs from the root leaving the skin soft. When the hair is removed correctly, the follicle will remain hair free for a few weeks. With consistent waxing sessions, hair will grow in thinner and sparse.
How do I prep for a Brazilian/Bikini Wax?
The night prior to appointment make sure to softly exfoliate the entire area. In the shower it is best to use a Japanese scrub towel (rough wash cloth) and your body wash soap. Create small circles over the top and sides of the area that will be waxed to remove any debris in the follicles.
What is the difference between "Bikini" and "Brazilian" waxing?
Bikini Wax removes the hair the outside of the bikini line including top and sides.
Brazilian Wax removes all the hair front to back including the "bunny tail". If desired, hair can be left at the top in any custom shape.
Can I get waxed while on my monthly moon?
Yes, as long as there is a fresh tampon in prior to appointment. If your pain tolerance is low, we recommend taking something at least 1 hr prior to appointment (Tylenol, Ibuprofen, CBD). Pain from waxing can be increased leading up to or while on your cycle; about 3-5 days before or after. The best time frame to get waxed is during ovulation because your pain tolerance levels are higher.
What type of wax do you use?
At AFW we use a high quality low heat hard wax for the entire Brazilian Wax. For facial waxing, we use a low heat titanium dioxide cream base that is specialized for sensitive skin.
Can I get waxed if I am Pregnant?
Yes! AFW specializes in Maternity Waxing. When booking, book your first appointment 2 wks before your due date. Then count backwards to the present day every 4-6 wks and make an appointment.
What's my After Care?
Starting the next day after your wax, you can continue to softly exfoliate daily during your shower using a scrub towel and soap. Apply a non clogging, hydrating moisturizer daily to area that was waxed.
Q: Why is Microblading not for everyone?
A: Depending on your skin’s texture (large pores, rough, bumpy, rashy, oily, dry, elasticity and thickness) it may not be the best technique for you. A technique like a "Manual Nanostroke" may be more suitable. Although, doing a Microblading slow build has a very high possibility to achieve great results.
Q: Isn't everyones Microblading the same, only different prices?
A: Every artist has their own style. Please do your own research to make sure my style fits your expectations for your brows.
Q: How many sessions do I need?
A: Microblading is a PROCESS and may take multiple sessions depending on how your own individual skin heals to reach desired brow expectations. (see microblading price list page).
Q: When are my Brows fully healed?
A: Brows are fully healed at 8-10 wks after the last Touch Up session is done, so please do not freak out about anything until you hit this time stamp. A full healing process is explained in consent forms, consultations and prior to procedure.
Q: What is Microblading?
A: Microblading is a unique permanent manual technique. It’s done by using a hand held manual tool with a tiny disposable fixed blade with needles. (The individual needles are 1/3 the size of a traditional tattoo needle) The tool is dipped in pigment to create a fine and natural looking hair stroke. The tiny needles do not penetrate to the deepest skin layer (like a machine tattoo), only etching the very top layer. Depending on: skin type, after care, daily activity, medications and individual skin's healing, Microblading can last anywhere from 6 months to 3+ years.
Q: Why do my brows look so bold & dark immediately after my 1st session?
A: each individual stroke will oxidize resulting in an overall bolder brow. This is the first phase of healing. Once washing starts, the scabs begin to lighten and dry out.
Q: Why do my brows disappear when my scabs come off?
A: Once scabs come off, the healing process continues and brows appear much lighter and color is dulled. The visible pigment in the skin, you are seeing through a virgin layer of skin at the top resulting in a cooler pigment appearance because you are seeing the pigment through layers of skin. At around week three or four pigment will appear brighter and warmer as it makes it's way back up to the skin’s surface.
Q: Why don’t they heal perfect?
A: Several factors that play a significant role in the healing process and healed results: age, skin type, circulation, estrogen levels, how your body swells up/bruise, diet, stress, diabetes, smoking, excessive sun exposure, physical activity, water and medications. The touch up is when we will add the 2nd build going over light strokes, and adding new strokes to build up the density and add texture.
Q: Do I really need a 4-8 wk Touch Up?
A: Yes, it’s the perfecting phase of the process. I go over strokes that are spotted, extend strokes, fill in areas to create more density throughout the brow and do any alterations needed.
● during pregnancy or nursing
● skin disease or skin irritation on treatment area
● directly after botox treatment (wait 2 weeks for face to settle)
● using Acutane, Isotretinoin, or any other retenoid-base products. (wait 6 months after use) (these products speed up cell renewal process and thin skin)
● suffering from sunburn or frostbite
● on a keloid scar or if your skin keloids, on birthmarks, moles, unusual scars
● directly after waxing (wait 2-3 days after waxing)
● directly after a chemical peel, microdermabrasion or any treatment used to speed up the natural cell turnover (wait 2-3 days depending on skin’s sensitivity)
Prior to Treatment DO NOT:
● Do not take: asprine, Niacin, VitaminE or Ibuprofen 24 hours before the treatment
● Do not drink: coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment
● If you are used to getting your brows tinted, do it no less than 24 hrs prior to treatment
● Do not tan or sun bathe 3 days before treatment
● Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatment
Microblading After Care:
NIGHT OF PROCEDURE: WASH 1X IN SINK WITH GENTLE CIRCULAR MOTION. PAT DRY WITH PAPER TOWEL. APPLY SMALL AMOUNT OF OINTMENT TO DRY BROWS.
DAY 1 AND ON: WASH 2x DAILY AM & PM (sink only)
Use only the given HEAL IT product pack. Apply a pea size amount of cleanser to finger tips. Apply in soft circular motion over brows. cup water with hands to rinse. PAT dry with paper tower. REPEAT 2X/day until scabs are completely off.
AFTER WASHING, Apply half pea size of ointment to dry brows. blot excess with tissue. reapply to keep brows moistened through out the day
For Best Results FYI:
1. Do not use any other ointments, creams with vitamins or antibiotics on eyebrows
2. No working out 2 days after treatment
3. No sauna, swimming in public pools, lakes or other risky places until scabs are completely off
4. No sunbathing, solarium or tanning for 4 weeks. If exposed to direct sun, please always wear a hat.
5. No tinting, chemical peels, mesotherapy, dermabrasion, botox, and any other strong treatments for 4 weeks after treatment.
6. No heavy cosmetics on affected area for 2 weeks after scabs are removed completely. A light powder can be used.
7. Do not scratch, touch and sleep on your eyebrows
HEALED RESULTS DEPEND ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF THESE THINGS LISTED ABOVE TO BE DONE AND FOLLOWED CAREFULLY.